Director, HR Workforce Relations
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Workforce Relations is a centralized HR group in home office that deals with escalated employee issues. Workforce Relations Team (WRT) handles cases such as charges of discrimination and lawsuits allowing a neutral, outside policy aligned view of an issue working with local HR and business leaders. WRT provides coaching and counseling to local HR and business leaders on sensitive issues, advising of the various risks involved when handling the issue. Employee termination requests, consultation on employee terminations and workforce transition business cases are submitted to WRT.
The HR Workforce Relations Director position is responsible for creating and implementing workforce relations strategies, as well as the operational management of workforce relations initiatives and compliance with HR policies and practices. This includes planning and implementing actions to proactively anticipate and prepare the organization for major employee relations events.
The Employee Relations Director must demonstrate advanced competency in resolving critical problems; lead the team in solving abstract problems; lead process improvement programs aligned with Enterprise-wide strategies; have a deep knowledge of employee relations matters, and a thorough understanding of the business and emerging business trends.
The Employee Relations Director is a leadership position with the responsibility for the attainment of organizational goals through planning, organizing, leading, and controlling resources. This position is accountable for the performance, customer satisfaction and results of a team within their own discipline or function.
- Ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues.
- Analytical, uses data and insights to inform decisions, and encourages others to do the same.
- Fluent in digital strategies and technology advancements.
- Provide strategic direction in the creation of processes, products and services that have a long-term impact on the organization.
- Drive business outcomes through effective people and talent strategies.
- Driven cultural change to become more customer centric and analytically minded.
- Create and model a supportive environment.
- Effective at leading with influence not necessarily through authority.
- Develops effective and empowered teams that are able to execute with precision and speed.
- Passion to elevate talent at all levels & cultivate future leaders.
- Able to build comprehensive, long term talent strategies to support sustainable growth.
- Actively represents our employment brand and attracts the best talent internally and externally
- Influential communicator clear, honest, effective to all levels, internally and externally
- Transparent and authentic.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts within area of responsibility.
- Creates a culture of accountability and inclusive diversity at all levels.
The individual will work with internal and external resources to deliver client services, and act as project manager for work streams listed below:
- Review current employee relations processes and benchmarking, where applicable, for opportunities to streamline and contemporize.
- Develop and implement new employee relations processes, when applicable, to address changes in the legislative landscape.
- Manage case activity to ensure the team is acting and/or responding with appropriate level of risk. Utilizing self-audits, internal controls audits and employee relations metrics, proactively monitor activity to ensure compliance with company policy and practice and to identify opportunities to mitigate future activity through the implementation of corresponding action plans.
- Monitor and implement action plans, as needed, in order to prepare the organization to respond to significant workforce relations events, such as crisis management, changes in employment and/or labor laws and labor relations activities.
- Partner with different HRSS areas to update and contemporize HR policy as appropriate.
- Lead and or participate in enterprise employee relations strategic initiatives
- Strong business acumen
- Deep HR expertise and knowledge of best practices
- Strong change agility to respond to emerging needs of the business
- Has led through transformational change: developing a compelling vision and executed against a plan
- Bachelors Degree in related field
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Experience leading in the continuous improvement (CI) management system
- Creative thinking and problem solving
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment