Investments Quantitative Analyst
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role is responsible for performing cutting edge quantitative analysis and research within the Risk and Return group of Allstate Investments. Areas of primary focus will include Fixed Income, equity & asset allocation research, factor investing & optimization, econometric modelling and risk management. This role will be part of a team developing systematic investment strategies and supporting portfolio and risk management teams.
- Develop quantitative models that inform Allstates Fixed Income and equity security and sector decisions; develop value-adding tools to enhance risk and asset allocation processes Develop unique and differentiated solutions such as equity tax loss harvesting and quantitative credit Implement optimization tools for equity and fixed-income portfolio construction, rebalancing and run various portfolio processes
- Use quantitative and econometric techniques to forecast returns and risks for traditional asset classes and alternative investment strategies Partner with the Risk Management team as needed to model, understand, and manage the risk in Allstates investment portfolios
- Build and support surveillance tools, valuation models and perform quantitative research in different asset classes including Fixed Income and equity. This includes both top down and bottom up investment processes. Use big data techniques to build models and processes to add value to investment processes. Effectively communicate model results and findings to the broader organization and to senior management Mentor junior members of the team in various projects
- 5+ year experience in quantitative research or 2 years experience with a PhD in quantitative discipline. PhD is strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial markets, financial modelling, risk management, optimization, and numerical methods
- Strong computer skills and programming experience in Matlab or python or similar.
- Desired credentials include direct experience in development of tools to support asset allocation and relative value decisions across markets
- Experience with machine learning techniques a plus
- Experience developing quantitative investment strategies (equity or Fixed Income or multi-asset) a plus
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Allstate will not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this opportunity
Masters or PhD degree with quantitative focus; CFA a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment