IT Product Manager
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The information Technology Product Management team definines, delivers, and manages the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstates growing and revolutionary Allstate Technology's product portfolio. We want to ensure that we are building the start of the art technolgies. This role will create KPIs that act as indicators for success. They collaboratively work with Product Teams to deliver digital products.
The Product Manager will contribute to the defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one product in Allstates growing Allstate Technology's product portfolio. The Product Manager provides input for creation of the product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Product Manager helps to identify assumptions and verify those assumptions through the use of product discovery techniques. The Product Manager works directly or indirectly with key stakeholders and partners, ensuring the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Product Manager will actively participate in our learning culture.
- Contribute towards creating the product strategy for one product in our growing digital product portfolio
- Use customer feedback, detailed market analysis, and data gathering to provide insight on decisions about product strategy
- Monitor the success of your efforts through provided metrics to inform the overall product strategy Represent the voice of the customer; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs and habits
- Engage in discovery/test & learn activities to quickly validate assumptions and product direction
- Provide input on decomposing complex problems into smaller manageable tasks for the creation of a backlog, managed by the Product team
- Assist with managing the product backlog and contribute towards creating an effective vision
- 1-3 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment. Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software. Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to contribute towards data-driven decision making on complex and innovative concepts Ability to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a software development environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment
$120k - $120k Annual
$110k - $120k Annual
$100k - $125k Annual
$110k - $120k Annual
$100k - $110k Annual
$40k - $60k Annual