Data Analytics Engineer (Entry-Level)
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Data Team is responsible for supporting Product Operations to make objective customer-focused decisions toward profitable growth by ensuring trusted actionable data. This is accomplished through offering services in data delivery, data management and consultation and training.
This entry-level role is responsible for the use and development of data infrastructure projects & proof of concept business solutions for users in analytics and Data Science. This person coordinates with data scientists and analytic engineers on tactical solutions. This role participates on new ETL work tracks for Data Science and analytics from inception and prototyping, to fully developed solutions. This is a highly dynamic position that requires a great degree of flexibility, analytic agility, and the ability to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements/needs, new technologies, and data sources. This role requires close integration and partnership with business units in Product as well as Data Science teams.
- Use a multidisciplinary approach to Data Analytic problems combining technical expertise with analytics and business knowledge
- Work with Data Scientists and business partners on Embedded cross functional teams; developing expertise in the business as well as advanced analytics.
- Participate in building requirements to develop analytic data sources for use by data scientists, research, and business users
- Participate in rapid development of new data work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Leverage the data infrastructure required to support needs of data science and analytics
- Provide input to the team with test scripts, execute testing, and work with data scientists and business to ensure end user acceptance
- Leverage agile data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and OLAP technologies (For example - Ab Initio, Python, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, and Hadoop-JAVA MapReduce)
- Support innovation and process improvement
- Provide support to the team on the development of corporate research data files, information platforms or data spaces designed for exploring and understanding the data
- Demonstrate analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs in this space
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a field such as Computer Science, Data Architecture, or equivalent skills & ability
- 0 - 2 years of related experience or equivalent skills & ability
- SQL, and PL/SQL development experience and knowledge (Ab Initio or Python, a plus)
- Computer proficiency in Oracle, UNIX, SQL
- Analytic, data sourcing, and content management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Strong attention to detail
- Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.