Senior Software Engineer in Test (SDET) - Agile Engineering
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Software Developer in Test
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Agile Engineering, a department within Liberty Mutual Global Retail Markets US Engineering Enablement & Operations empowers the delivery of secure, stable, reliable solutions through software engineering and operational excellence.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Senior Software Developer In Test. However, candidates will also be considered for both Software and Senior SDET roles: the actual grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
You are a software engineer with a passion for quality and expertise in development. Youll drive the adoption of quality engineering practices and leverage agile testing techniques in the context of a collaborative, team-based environment. Youll work hand-in-hand with the squad to design and build automation frameworks and features, along with tooling and infrastructure to increase the speed and quality of the development process for hundreds of development teams. You apply reasoning, logic, and technical skill to validate acceptance criteria and test a story before development even begins to ensure the team is delivering on expectations.
- Collaborate across teams and lead testing best practice groups in the department.
- Building modern testing frameworks/models and act as a strong advocate for test coverage, quality engineering practices (Unit, Performance, TDD, Functional, etc.), automation, and reporting.
- Experiment with the latest innovative trends in test automation.
- Develops and enhances complex testing solutions from general requirements and specifications.
- Analyzes complex technical system problems and is able to derive solutions based on prior technical experience.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies to remove blockers, refine stories, plan sprints, and demo functionality to diverse business stakeholders
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Leads projects or sub-projects and coordinates rollouts of moderate scope.
- May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technical discipline or a related discipline and at least 3 years experience in a systems quality environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires experience with automated testing and modeling tools, and a broad knowledge of business modeling, process engineering, change management and test case generation techniques.
- Experience in modern stack development including hands on coding experience with Java & NodeJS.
- Experience with TDD, BDD, Performance testing, and automating tests preferred.
- Foundational knowledge in new and emerging technologies such as AWS/Azure, Docker, DevOps, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo), MicroServices, and event driven architecture.
- Requires excellent analytical ability, consultative and communication skills, strong judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Ability to learn and adapt to change effectively.
- Demonstrates knowledge of development concepts and industry trends/direction for cloud technologies and CI/CD concepts, specifically how to implement testing automation within the pipelines.
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
Benefits & Culture:
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women one of the Best Employers for New Grads and one of the Best Places to Work . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More: