Medical Stop Loss Underwriter, National Accounts Specialty
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Ironshore Insurance seeks an experienced underwriter in its stop loss underwriting division. This position will primarily work with the teams based in Ridgeland, MS and Denver, CO but will also work cross-functionally with the team located in Beverly, MA. This person will report to the Vice President of Medical Stop Loss Operations & Underwriting.
- Underwrite new and renewal stop loss cases.
- Manage assigned portfolio of cases and meet required service commitments to sales and production sources.
- Triage new business RFPs to focus on those opportunities that present the highest probability of producing required profitability targets.
- Exhibits a strong working knowledge of the various modules within the David Young System, especially underwriting and contracts.
- Must possess a senior level of experience with using the Willis Tower Watson Health Maps products.
- Work closely with sales and distribution staff and inform the relationship based on core company metrics, specifically towards profitability. Negotiate workable solutions and compromises while meeting deadlines and providing responsive service to external producers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor Degree in Mathematics or Actuarial Science preferred, but will consider candidates with Finance, Business, Healthcare Administration or other quantitative analysis discipline
Minimum 2-4+ years of experience in stop loss underwriting
- Backgrounds in Stop Loss Claims or Risk Management will be considered as well
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.