Senior Java/J2EE Developer
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Freddie Mac
We are seeking a motivated individual who will play an integral role in our transformation into an Agile & DevOps focused team. This person will be responsible for the build and deployment automation across the business applications by utilizing DevOps principles leveraging existing and new Open Source tools. The individual should have a strong ability to adapt and apply IT expertise to a varying array of issues relating to buildout and maintenance of the platforms on-premise with various integrations to the core tools. The individual is expected to work under limited direction and independently determine and develop approaches to solution
Your Work Falls into These Primary Categories:
Evaluate and Prototype
- Prototype and develop reference implementations in consultation with architecture
- Follow agile methodology and actively participate in daily scrum meetings
- Document and publish the reference implementation
- Participate in roadshows to showcase the reference implementations
- Work with application teams in adopting the reference implementation
- Provide training and SME supportCloud based Solution Implementation
- For a given application perform Gap analysis between current and target states
- Implement architecture approved patterns to bridge the gap
- Capture new reference implementation patterns in a central repository
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 8 -10 years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of applications using J2EE framework, Spring Boot, RESTful services and Angular
- 1-2 years of experience in Designing and Implementing cloudbased solutions preferably AWS
- Development and support skills in Middleware technologies (Springboot, WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss etc.)
- Good knowledge of database concepts and integration with business application development
- Good working knowledge of DevOps tool chain (Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible/Chef/Puppet, Maven/Gradle, Groovy DSL, Atlassian Tool suite)
- Experience with Scripting languages using Unix, Python
- Fast learner of new technologies and tools.
- Understanding requirements and design for the build and deployment of enterprise applications.
- Work independently contributing to the success of assigned project(s).
- Participate in discussions with project teams to understand the application design, build process and help deploy applications in target environments.
- Provide inputs for effort estimation.
Key to Success in This Role
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Flexible to work with different teams across organization
- Proactive in identifying existing issues and providing an alternate solution
- Growth and Development - Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Seek and Embrace Change - Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting status quo
- Leadership - Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Understanding/Working knowledge of PaaS using Kubernetes
- Development/Support Experience using Docker containers
- Hands-on DevOps automation experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.