Customer Care Associate Preneed
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Assurant
As a Call Center Customer Care Associate you will be part of the Assurant Care department which is made up of approximately 35-37 team members. The Assurant Care Department operates under the Preneed Division of Assurant, which is pre-funded funeral arrangements. This department is responsible for inbound/outbound phone calls, policy maintenance, correspondence mailing, and overall customer service for English speaking and Spanish speaking customers. This team is led by two Supervisors and an Associate Supervisor who report to the Department Manager. As aCall Center Customer Care Associate, youll put your skills and talents along with our training to work; as you handle inbound and outbound phone calls with our external customers, agents, and funeral homes. Other tasks will include document handling, prepare files for processing, mailing, policy maintenance, and other correspondence processing. This is a job that calls on you to be thoughtful, resourceful, team-driven and customer-focused. In this role, you will be part of a team which excels at critical thinking and quality customer service.This position is Full time (40 hours/week) Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00pm, with different shift times within our hours of operation. It may be necessary and/or optional, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Provide positive experiences to our customers via in-bound phone calls (70-80 per day)
- Review, research, and analyze policy paperwork to ensure all requirements are met before processing.
- Communicate through correspondence with team members, customers, and funeral homes regarding policy updates, maintenance, or other required information using clear, simple language to ensure one call resolution.
- Processes paperwork.
- Research and process policy maintenance situations, returned mail, and other opportunities to put your critical thinking skills to use.
- Complete various Internet searches.
- Collaborate with leaders and coworkers through team meetings, company activities, and other means.
- Attend required training.
- Can adjust to new and changing business needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong phone and computer skills
- Detail Oriented.
- Analyzes documentation and make self-empowered decisions on how to resolve the case.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt easily as procedure/client needs change.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent reading comprehension.
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Negotiating skills are important, particularly when two parties differ over the validity of a filing or the information needed to settle a claim.
Key Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Positive attitude
With locations across the country, Assurant is a Fortune 500 company, offering a full line of insurance products helping protect what matters most to our customers. Assurant takes pride in being actively involved in the community by assisting a number of local organizations. Our benefits package includes high-quality medical, dental and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and more. If you are dreaming of a great career with a great company where you can have an impact within the company and with our customers, we can offer you just that!
We recognize our most valuable asset is our employees. As we continue to grow we are looking for individuals that will help us provide the best customer experience and support a thriving business. We provide extensive training and a highly supportive environment for all our Claims team members. This is your opportunity to make a difference, grow your career.