Product Analyst - Encompass
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Looking for a role to enhance your knowledge of the auto insurance product? Do you like to play around with data, find trends, and share your findings? Then I have a great role for you!
The Encompass Auto Line Management team is looking for an analyst to join our team. Responsibilities include building reports and drawing conclusions, ad-hoc analysis to find root causes in pricing or underwriting, and making recommendations to fill gaps in product offerings.
Encompass is a great place to work. We are a small but mighty organization that offers our insurance products to Independent Agents. We have made huge strides over the last few years and things keep getting better as we focus on profitable growth while becoming an innovator in the marketplace. Our collaborative environment allows our team to work across many AORs (Pricing, Sales, Claims, Financejust to name a few) to gain a broad knowledge that develops employees and leads to success.
The Encompass Line Management team manages and provides countrywide strategies that enable the success of a product line. Leads innovations and integrates line needs across AORs. This team is responsible for the overall financial and product health of the line.
The Auto Line Management Senior Consultant II provides the support to achieve profit and growth targets for a line(s) of business. This position will have the opportunity to influence other departments both in and out of Product, including leaders, in regards to line strategy by presenting relevant data and facts to make recommendations on initiatives.
Job Description (Cont'd)
- Understand and contribute to the achievement of short and long-term strategies to achieve market share growth and profitability targets on a countrywide basis
- Participate on teams, gather relevant facts and organize work effort in support of strategies to ensure the integration and execution of product, pricing and risk management for countrywide usage
- Independently manage/perform unique work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes or channels and navigate obstacles to deliver the work product
- Apply advanced level of business knowledge to execute strategies which may include new distribution channel initiatives, best practices and new products and services
- Effectively perform analysis (eg competitor, product, market, risk management, financial) to understand the underlying health of the line
- Support innovations in all aspects of the product development life cycle
- Uses experience, innovation and judgment to make decisions that may be based on partial information
- Utilize a breadth of knowledge to identify and frame issues and implications on operational parameters to get new products/projects implemented
- Develop business recommendations, present and communicate finding to various levels of senior leaders
Integration and Execution
- Actively participate in coordinated efforts across the organization to facilitate the implementation of initiatives
- Influences team members to ensure implementation success
- Perform activities to ensure appropriate development, and execution of products
- Measure and communicate results; make recommendations to leaders on redirection opportunities of efforts
- Provide support on countrywide product and/or process changes
- Provide foundational analysis or business expertise that provides input into business cases or result evaluations
- Uses subject matter expertise to coach less experienced employees to anticipate and prevent problems
- Conduct on-going and/or post-implementation measures to assure proper execution of process and practices that support the line
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of analytics experience
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings
- Utilizes experience and judgment to make decisions
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment and accountability for achieving results
- Knowledge about business in general, knowledge of industry and company economics
- Ability to understand business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Collaborates to implement decisions and/or initiatives in an integrated manner
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Consistently achieves superior results
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff, both written and verbal
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life - including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.