IT Production Operations Manager
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Service Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, managing & growing the operations intelligence services portfolio delivered by the Product Operations Intelligence (POI) team. The Service Manager manages strategic service vision, services discovery, roadmaps, financials, and backlog to deliver value to the client-customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Service Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders, partners, and customers to ensure the successful definition and execution of go-to market, operational execution & delivery, and communications strategies for their services. The Service Manager is also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers. The role focuses on delivering business value to drive operational intelligence adoption, improved operational intelligence effectiveness-efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction through the consistent delivery of product intelligence capabilities, processes, and services.
- Interprets technology-business goals and communicate them to development and operations team members and help identify opportunities for the operational intelligence portfolio to achieve results
- Analyze and understand the operational intelligence technology, product-infrastructure, and business landscapes and develop strategies to deliver efficient, comprehensive operational intelligence services to satisfy those needs in an objective manner
- Create, drive and execute operational intelligence strategy for one or more tools in the growing monitoring services portfolio
- Listen to and incorporate the voice of the customer; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks
- Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing the services
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional technology organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, service implementation, customer interactions and roll out
- Manage the partnership and communication to Leaders and Sr. Leaders across the multiple technology areas
- Provide education to leaders across the enterprise on operational intelligence services and how to effectively engage these resources and services
- Provide consultation services to the user base helping define and frame the operational intelligence services, establish the right business case (total cost of ownership) to justify service usage, build & staff the right organization and skills for successful operations, and develop a successful plan to leverage the operational intelligence services consistent with Allstates strategy, security frameworks, and reference architectures
- Effectively grow, manage and maintain the internal customer backlog from users of operational intelligence services
- Effectively manage Service Incident, Problem and Change to ensure optimal service delivery & availability
- Owns, delivers and manages operational intelligence service vision, strategy & value-benefit
- Timely development, delivery, and approval receipt of the Service financial estimates and costs
- Provides guidance, knowledge, leadership and direction to immediate team members, partners and clients
- Serves as the central point of coordination for the different activities supporting the operational intelligence efforts
- Removes barriers and obstacles adversely affecting operational intelligence delivery, operation and execution
- Manage operational intelligence service in 7x24 environment, across multiple shores, and with employee and contracted resources
- 5-10 years relevant new service development & operation experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you have the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a technology development and operation development team
- Clear passion for topics of technology services and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in the service space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development/operation environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
- Strong understanding and experience with operational intelligence services from multiple providers
- Solid knowledge of the different functional, security, operational, financial and organizational factors that play into developing & supporting a critical service capable of supporting multiple technology objectives and entities
- Proven ability to deliver large scale technical projects
- Actual experience working in any project that successfully leverages continuous integration and continuous delivery
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment