Senior Analyst, Advanced Analytics - Global Retail Markets
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Do you have a passion for innovation? Do you love high impact problem solving? Do you thrive in dynamic and collaborative working environments? Liberty Mutual's Global Retail Market's Claims Workforce Management team is expanding and seeking top talent in the advanced analytics space!
GRM Workforce Management Capacity Optimization team is looking for Operation Research engineers to design, test and implement optimized solutions for cross functional operations. In collaboration with data scientists and resource management experts, the capacity optimization engineers provide OR solutions to staffing, queueing and routing, assignment and segmentation strategies to optimize the outcome.
- Develop and lead a suite of capacity models and optimizers. Partner with business leaders to jointly align on the design and trade-offs within the models. Bring the models into production, pivoting the business away from current state processes and mindsets.
- Perform sensitivity analysis to provide comprehensive insights to the business leaders and build trust for the proposed solutions.
- Develops, maintains and applies sophisticated statistical and optimization models, analytical insights, queuing analysis and advanced simulation tools to prescribe value optimized long-term and short-terms capacity and claims routing decisions to the operation.
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction, for a business unit/function.
- Identifies trends and issues following pre-defined business processes. Provides technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business and presents findings to key partners.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analyses of metrics.
- Analyzes results to quantify the competitive performance of the business.
- Serves as point person for moderate to high complexity projects.
- Serves as team member on moderate complexity projects and may lead own work stream.
- Actively shares job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- May be assigned to mentor new team members and lesser experienced Analysts.
PhD in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science strongly preferred; MS with comparable tactical and technical experience will be considered. Must have strong planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills. Solid understanding of industry and business to improve/drive business outcomes highly desired. Proficiency in Python and coding language preferred. Familiarity with optimization engines (gurobi, CPLEX, AMPL, or comparable) and experience with simulation software (ARENA, AnyLogic, or similar) strongly preferred. Advanced knowledge of data sources, tools, statistical principles, methodologies, and techniques is required. Proficiency in Excel (VBA preferred) and PowerPoint. Experience with SAS is strongly preferred. Experience working with advanced optimization and simulation techniques required.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.