Senior Claims Specialist - Architects & Engineers
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available.
The Senior Claims Specialist handles a book of specialty lines claims (Architects and Engineers) throughout the entire claim's life cycle, under moderate direction. Responsible for evaluating coverage, conducting investigations, recommending adequate reserves, monitoring, documenting, and settling/closing claims in an expeditious and economical manner within the prescribed authority limits for the line of business.Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, investigates and evaluates the loss to determine coverage and claim disposition.
- Utilizes claims management system to document claims and to diary future events or follow-up. Within prescribed settlement authority for the line of business, establishes appropriate reserves for both indemnity and expense and reviews on a regular basis to ensure adequacy
Makes recommendations to set reserves at appropriate level for claims outside of authority level. Prepares comprehensive reports as required.
Identifies and communicates specific claim and account trends and/or policy issues to management and underwriting.
Manages the litigation process through the retention of counsel. Adheres to the line of business litigation guidelines to include budget, bill review and payment. Monitors the case resolution process.
Actively participates in mediations and arbitrations, within limit of settlement authority. Participates in Claims audit process.
May provide claims marketing services by participating in meetings with brokers, risk managers and reinsurers. As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses.
- Bachelors' and/or advanced degree. J.D. preferred but not required.
- 3+ years claims/legal experience; or in a related field.
- Functional knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices and techniques, to include not limited to coverage issues, and product line knowledge.
- Functional knowledge of law and insurance regulations in various jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.