Workers' Compensation Attorney/Team Liaison, White Plain
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workers' Compensation Attorney/Team Liaison. You will be responsible for the supervision of a small workers compensation team, handle a caseload of workers compensation matters, conduct depositions, and represent Liberty Mutual and its policyholders at WC hearings. You will also interact with Liberty Mutuals Workers Compensation claims organization.
This is a great opportunity to lead a small team, manage your own caseload and make appearances before the NYS WCB while working for a major insurance company with a great working environment, annual performance bonuses, alternate work environment, and a great benefits package.
Jurisdiction: Downstate NY
- Use Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters
- Responsible for appearances before the Workers Compensation Board, conducting depositions, drafting and filing summations, appeals and rebuttals.
- Research the law applicable to cases or matters; drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, briefs and opinions as required. If requested, conduct settlement negotiations.
- Advise, communicate and confer with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meet with, and maintain good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
- Remain current with developments in the law; understand medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defenses involved with cases or matters.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for Legal, Claims or other departments as required.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to junior attorneys.
- Understand and creatively use technology; apply technology to the process of law to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Act as a team or group leader for an assigned group within the office.
- Interface with Home Office Legal department.
- Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar.
- Special license to practice before the New York State bar or federal court may be necessary.
- A minimum of 3 successful years experience as a Workers Compensation attorney strongly preferred.
- A general knowledge of insurance law and specific understanding of the operations and requirements of insured clients, customers and the company.
- The ability to effectively communicate and persuade by written or spoken word is critical.
- Experience and ability appropriate to the level of cases or matters handled.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit our website.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.