VP-Structured and Unstructured Data
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Allstate Insurance Company.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Responsibilities for this role will be operational as well as strategic and will require collaboration with and indirect influence of leaders across Market Facing Businesses in business and IT as well as other corporate groups.
Data and Analytics Strategy & Business Alignment
- Understand the current state of database platforms, data assets and related software, develop Allstates strategy and roadmap, and deliver new capabilities and assets required by the businesses
- Develops a strategy to rationalize database offerings that results in lower cost operations with more advanced capabilities and executes successfully by removing unnecessary variance and duplication.
- Effectively prioritize the backlog of work to deliver the best enterprise outcome weighing the needs and tradeoffs of each business
- Ensure Allstates investment strategy for structured and unstructured data results in quantifiable benefits with a single version of the truth that exists across businesses.
- Act as a focal point with key business and technology stakeholders to gather input and socialize strategy
- Maintain an enterprise operating model, RACI, and operating model across businesses with respect to owned platforms and processes
- Develop frameworks to support the single view of each data domain/asset
- Develop frameworks to support business unit strategy and corporate oversight of single source of truth data assets
- Engages and challenges senior leadership with a positive tone to force rapid improvement
- Presents business cases with senior leaders from across the corporation and builds cross-functional alliances to deliver improvement through iterative experimentation.
- Encourages the right balance of risk and return with an emphasis on learning from data in place of meetings
- Leads highly technical teams with knowledge of mathematics, data, and software. These teams are culturally diverse and work across 3 or more continents to produce results today and leaders for tomorrow
- The ability to attract strong, external talent through networking, attendance at appropriate conferences, educational affiliations, and relationships with vendors.
Database and Data Asset Architecture and Process Oversight
- Set overall database architecture direction for the enterprise and ensure consistency wherever possible.
- Serve as an escalation point for database and data asset decisions that span multiple business divisions
- Establish corporate processes to evaluate tools & vendors and drive tool rationalization
- Develop software compatible with software enforceable data policies and governance of assets and processes
National, State, Local and Regulatory Coordination
- Provide data expertise and advice on proposed legislation and regulatory changes that affect Allstate
- Strong knowledge of database development operations, spanning Legacy systems and modern open source systems
- Success delivering data assets with large volumes of data and demanding users
- Strong knowledge of data management, data governance and the full lifecycle of data from ingestion to use through destruction, including experience working with leading vendors
- Experience with digital transformation within large, established, successful firms
- Ability to develop and clearly articulate compelling software and process strategy and roadmaps to diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with development and operations of database systems and data assets in complex, regulated organizations
- Knowledge of national, state, and local data regulations and legislation
- Advanced degree in computer systems, engineering or equivalent
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.