Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Freddie Mac
Your Work Falls Into These Primary Categories:
Software Development and Implementation
- Understand Business needs and processes; identify solutions, present and work with project team/sponsors in identifying best solution.
- Participate in Requirements Analysis; design Applications based on System Requirements; promote top code quality and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defects.
- Implementation of software application changes with aggressive deployment timelines.
- Execute department processes in a high-quality, efficient and team oriented manner.
- Experience facilitating work across multiple levels of IT support and development teams for production issues
- Production support is Matrix based organizational support, and the individual needs to clearly communicate progress and issues to Matrix manager.
Development Operations and Application Support
- Contribute in creating delivery pipelines for newly created Micro Services on Docker and Openshift platforms.
- Support building and maintaining Micro Services practice within development group with objective to create standards, tools and training other developers and support personnel.
- Support one of Freddie Mac's core applications in providing Level 3 support. This support includes providing fixes to production defects and making light enhancements. Quickly evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address the defect.
- Typically has minimum 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development/application support; 2 years of relevant experience and specialized training or certification in the following technologies: J2EE, Java, Web Development and SQL.
- Experience with UML, SQL and UNIX Shell Script
- Position requires strong analytical skills, software engineering process skills, and the understanding of XML and creation of XML test data.
- Proficient in documenting and communicating ideas clearly
- Ability to resolve issues in a non-confrontational manner
Keys to Success in This Role
- Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions from Team Lead.
- Good team player.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as primary goal.
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
- Quick learner of new technologies and tools.
- Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
- Organized, ability to meet deadlines, work independently, manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter; collaborative; problem-solver
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Top 3 Personal Competences to Possess
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team's actions
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Proficient in debugging and developing code using Angular JS.
- Experience with IBM ODM, ILOG JRules or any other Rule Engine preferred
- Experience with Spring, Spring MVC is preferred.
- Experience with SOAP based Web services is preferred.
- Experience with REST based Web services is preferred.
- Familiarity with Bootstrap, JSON, Jenkins, Maven Builds is a plus.
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall software development project methodologies preferred
- Knowledge of the Mortgage Industry is a nice to have.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.