BRANSCOME INC | Quality Assurance Director - Corporate
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Quality Assurance Director
Major Role and Purpose:
Reporting to the President, the Quality Assurance Director is responsible for assuring quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards and testing materials and products. The Quality Assurance Director is responsible for interacting with the Region Managers and Quality Managers in each region of the Company to ensure standards, processes, and testing procedures are consistent across the organization.
Description of Duties
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Ensure compliance with all federal, state, local, and company safety policies and procedures.
2. Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers
3. Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
4. Reviews standards for the disposition of finished product by ensuring evaluation tests, methods, and procedures are followed by technicians.
5. Maintains product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
6. Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
7. Prepares product/material and process quality reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
8. Works to improve efficiency and profitability by reducing waste.
9. Manages quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
11. Act as liaison and main point of contact with federal, state, and local agencies with regards to quality opportunities for the company.
12. Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
BS in Engineering, Construction, Materials Science or related fields or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 10 years of QA/QC leadership experience preferably in the construction or aggregates industry.
1. Safe driving record
2. Excellent people management and interpersonal skills
3. Detail oriented with ability to analyze information and make decisions based on data
4. Must possess a high level of organization with the ability to multi-task and problem solve complex issues.
5. Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures associated with hot mix asphalt, aggregates and ready mix concrete.
6. Ability to promote process improvement, develop standards, and manage processes.
7. Ability to present information and respond to questions from management in group settings.
8. Ability to build collaborative relationships internal and external to the company
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc or send an e-mail to: (see below).
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.