Warehouse Stock Clerk and Welder
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by CITY OF DANVILLE
City of Danville Public Works
Warehouse Stock Clerk
- Advanced knowledge of automotive parts and lookup procedures required; automotive dealership experience preferred.
- Experience in an automotive or heavy truck parts warehouse operation ideal.
- Issues and stocks material in warehouse
- Disperses products to employees and other departments as needed
- Responsible for inventory control and maintenance of purchase/issue and related records to ensure accuracy of material reports
- Maintains an adequate supply of materials to ensure availability for work crews
- Keys data into accounting system and maintains an accurate warehouse inventory
- Maintains storeroom and inventory areas
- Delivers materials to job sites
- Ability to operate a computer
Education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school.
Possession of a valid driver's license, ability to obtain a Class "B" CDL and forklift certification.
Hours are 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Starting pay range: Depends on Qualifications.
The Public Works Department is accepting applications for a Welder to perform difficult skilled work in the fabrication, repair and welding of automotive and other machinery; must be able to create or follow blueprints and plans; Mig and Tig welding, welds aluminum, stainless steel and other types of steel; uses torch for cutting and repairs; Some outside work required; Education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and considerable experience in acetylene and arc welding Trade or vocational training in welding is desirable; Possession of or ability to obtain a commercial drivers license required.
Starting pay: $15.57-$18.68 per hour Depending on qualifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer