Software Development Engineer in Test - Core Product Data
Posted on Aug 12, 2019 by Argos
You will be working in one of our autonomous agile teams to create Microservices, API's and UI Reusable Components that enable retail commercial functions supporting Sainsbury's group, which includes Argos, the2nd biggest retail website in the UK.
We are looking to hire an established Software Development Engineer in Test to work on our Product Data and Hierarchy systems, we have very interesting technical challenges to overcome and solve. We are in the migrating away from legacy applications and batch-driven data to our own platforms built by our own people, following best practices for development, CI/CD, and of course testing.
Typical Technologies in our stack for this role:
Selenium, Cucumber, Browser Stack, React, Redux, Docker, Kafka, Redis, Java, SpringBoot & MongoDB on a micro services architecture running on AWS and on-prem, deploying with Jenkins to Mesos & Marathon.
We keep track of everything using Git, Jira & Confluence and monitor with Kibana, DataDog, etc.
Our teams are encouraged to explore and adopt new technologies to solve the challenges they face.
Build software that enables business agility with product data & media, understand how good product data can support a great search experience for customers, understand how automated systems can improve product data and recognise and categorise data and rich media, consider NLP approaches for data quality and auto correction, recommendations, helping build a brand new product and hierarchy management system for use across Sainsburys Group and much more.
Challenges we're excited about tackling:
· Implementing automated tests to validate software using appropriate frameworks and methodologies (including unit testing, integration testing, function testing, regression testing, smoke testing, accessibility testing)
· Striving for a CI/CD approach, working with a TDD/BDD approach and help increase the test coverage across the board
· Enabling us to deliver the best quality and most efficient & effective experience to our customers and colleagues
· Working with other team members, defining architecture and choosing tools.
· Ensuring that Non-Functional Requirements such as quality standards, stability, scalability, reliability, are met
We are looking for people with:
· Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality testing code, front end and back end. Experience in Selenium, Cucumber is a huge advantage.
· Experience in implementing validation suites/testing frameworks
· Good understanding of Microservice concepts
· Good understanding or will to grow on Infrastructure knowledge.
· Help refining stories with product owners/analysts and playing planning poker
· Excellent team player, willing to improve, grow and help others
· Customer focused
Flexible approach to working hours, including ability to work from home when required. Casual dress-code. Good social environment - including team socials. Milton Keynes is just 35 minutes by train from central London and we are close to all the shops, restaurants, amenities and transport links in Central Milton Keynes. We are walking distance from Milton Keynes Central Station.
Generous performance-related Bonus scheme. Excellent pension. Sainsbury's Group discounts (Sainsburys/Argos/Habitat). Technical or managerial paths of progression. Sharesave Scheme. Share Purchase Plan. Childcare Vouchers. Season ticket loan. Ability to purchase up to 5 extra days holiday per year. Very competitive salary.
We know that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet… why not apply and see how it goes?
Here at Sainsbury's Argos we're a proud equal opportunities employer that values diversity at every level of our business. Inclusion and Diversity are fundamental to our culture and values, fostering an innovative, collaborative and fast paced work environment that means we can build a better future for our colleagues and our customers. Everyone is welcome at Sainsbury's Argos. Want to find out more? Then visit our Diversity & Inclusion page on our Careers site -