Director, Performance Management
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by First Republic
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
In Human Resources, we are committed to growing and protecting First Republic and its culture by attracting, retaining and supporting our most valuable resource: people. Providing our colleagues with extraordinary service is our commitment; their success is our reward.
An encouraging culture that invests in you.
As the Director of Performance Management you will lead the design, communication and administration of performance management. You will be a key member of the Talent Acquisition & Development function reporting to the Senior Vice President of Talent Acquisition & Development. You will work with HR Business Partners in developing the tools to empower managers in giving and receiving timely feedback throughout the performance management cycle.
What you'll do as a Director, Performance Management:
* Work closely with the HR Leadership Team to lead the design, development, implementation, communication and administration of performance management
* Define and lead the development and continuous evolution of the performance management program, including ownership of the program process and timing
* Develop and conduct training and workshops to ensure that all performance management tools are accurately understood and exercised
* Empower our colleagues and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a high performance, client service culture
* Partner with all stakeholders to manage the tools, processes and communications involved in the design, preparation and delivery of performance management
* Work with HR Business Partners to build the capability of managers so that giving and receiving timely, robust feedback and coaching on performance on the job becomes an essential part of their role and activities
You could be a great fit if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree
* 7 or more years of experience in HR with 3+ years of direct experience in developing and implementing performance management programs and systems in a medium to large organization
* 3 or more years people management experience
* Considerable experience influencing stakeholders at varying levels
* Experience in a Service Organization is strongly preferred
* Full performance management framework
* Drivers of performance in a service organization
* Performance management systems
* Communication and consulting skills and ability to get things done
* Influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to present a clear and strategic point-of-view to senior management, while being able to defend and articulate the thought process and rationale behind recommendations
* Business acumen, including a solid understanding of performance management and the intersection with attracting top talent and developing top talent
* Relationships and working collaboratively across groups
* Analytical mindset and proven project management ability
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.