SVP, Private Wealth Management Product Management
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by First Republic
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients' unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Senior Vice President in charge of First Republic's Private Wealth Management (PWM) Product Management team is a newly created role. This job will coordinate the business direction provided to the First Republic technology team and ensure that the technology delivered to the business meets the intended business need and fits into the broader vision for where the business is evolving.
This senior role will interface regularly with all members of the Private Wealth Management Executive team as well as leaders of the technology, service and operations teams in PWM and the broader First Republic Enterprise. The role will report into the Executive Vice President of First Republic Investment Management responsible for the Wealth Managers and Client Service teams. There will be several product management individuals and teams that report into this hire, leading the product management of performance reporting, CRM, trading, and data related technologies.
What you'll do as a SVP, Private Wealth Management Product Management:
* Act as the business architect for PWM's technology platform, which will dictate many aspects of how the business is run in the future, from how the front line captures and enters information to how the back office receives and processes information and action items. This role will be responsible for creating the future state vision in collaboration with the PWM technology team and other business stakeholders and translating that vision into tactical projects and requirements. This work includes everything from developing a long term plan of where information will ultimately be entered, stored and edited to what technologies need to be implemented or enhanced to deliver the capabilities the business needs.
* Coordinate closely with the PWM executive team and business leaders. As the owner of the roadmap for the overall PWM implementation plan, this hire will need to meet regularly with the key stakeholders of the business (e.g., Trust, FX, Insurance, Financial Planning, Research, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to understand the most urgent technology gaps to be filled and ensure that the technology being built serves the wide array of needs of the business. This role will also need to ensure ongoing alignment on future state vision with business stakeholders, including Wealth Managers, Regional Business Leaders, Operations and Client Service as well as technology partners.
* Manage the team of PWM product managers to ensure overall coordination. This role will oversee the PWM product management team and define the overall vision and framework for product delivery. While there are dedicated product owners for key technologies, PWM technology tools together constitute a holistic ecosystem and need to be considered strategically to ensure integration of tools, workflows and data across functions and proper sequencing of work to achieve desired future state. This role will also act as a point of contact for business and technology teams and create a funnel for channeling business requirements/requests and oversee PWM product backlog management & product delivery roadmap.
* Coordinate with PWM's enterprise technology and project managers. Building appropriate technology solutions must be done within the context of First Republic's enterprise technology and project management. This role will need to work closely with counterparts on these teams to ensure there is a unified goal and understanding around a given project's expectations as well as the long term vision for the PMW technology ecosystem.
* Take responsibility for delivering complete solutions on time, on budget and to meet expectations. While this role will depend on technology partners to help build technology solutions, this role will be responsible for overseeing the work to ensure that things are proceeding according to plan, resolving issues and escalating issues that might impact the quality or timing of the end product to the executive team.
What skills you will use:
* Education/work experience
* Undergraduate degreed required; MBA preferred
* 15+ years of technology product management experience required in financial services (wealth management preferred)
* Experience implementing technology for a sales force
* Experience building and managing high performing teams in a matrix environment
* Hands on experience with programming, building new technology and working on Agile teams desired
* Professional skill/competency
* Proficient with product development/design and product management of technology products, including vendor selection/management and implementation of complex wealth management tools.
* Broad experience and understanding of brokerage/wealth management processes.
* Ability to think strategically and dive into detail where needed.
* Strong work ethic and sense of personal responsibility.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skill; is able to speak articulately with and in language appropriate for business/front line users (e.g., Wealth Managers), executive management, back office operations employees and technology partners.
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
* Self-confident and comfortable leading change and managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
* Strong influence skills and can gain support for his/her vision with partners.
* Generates trust and builds alliances across business and functional lines; is a team player that encourages collaboration; evaluation of success in the role will include feedback from peers.
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.