Product Compliance Manager
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
Product Compliance Manager
What is a Product Compliance Manager?
A Product Compliance Manager at our Miami location will plan, organize, lead, controls and coordinates the provisions of services for Compliance activities for ourState Filings area. This manager will also be responsiblefor our insurance and service contract productsand that they meet allregulatory compliance requirements while ensuring the modification of product forms, product forms, product filings. This requires extensive knowledge of state laws, state requirements, internal and external resources, and a working knowledge of Assurant products andservices.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love collaborating and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You treat others with dignity and respect and consider the benefits and risks to employees and the business when addressing issues within compliance
- You understand compliance and how it relates to the insurance world
- You are comfortable with coordinating and organizing internal legal based projects
- You go above and beyond in your role as a leader because you want to, not because you have to
- You serve as resource to junior staff
What You Will Like
- The people we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement we focus on What Matters Most to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
- Competitive salary
Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities:
- Ensures product forms and filings comply with regulatory requirements.
- Formulates policy for areas of responsibility and secures appropriate approvals.
- Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective services.
- Communicate the purpose of compliance changes to large groups and across businesses; have the ability to recognize challenges and confidence to identify/address them in group settings.
- Manage multiple activities simultaneously across direct reports and multiple functional areas to accomplish compliance goals.
- Develop junior staff to the next level by ensuring assigned staff fully understand projects, providing effective constructive feedback to staff, identifying and promoting growth opportunities for all junior staff.
- Assist in the hiring, coaching, and mentoring of the staff.
- Develops short and long-term goals and plans in consultation with senior management, management team and associates, for areas of responsibility.
- Provides feedback and conducts performance management, makes decisions as applicable.
- Develops function-specific orientation and training programs for employees.
- Establishes standards for effective job performance
- Creates efficient workflow patterns and establishes performance standards.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelors degree or Associates degree and 8-10 years in equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of staff management experience
- 3+ years of compliance experience (Insurance product development or compliance work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative thinking and ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Underwriting or Claims Experience (preferred)