Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
As the Supervisor, Distribution you will be responsible for the employees in our facility, ensuring its effective operation by preparing work schedules, assigning tasks, coordinating the flow of work and assigned projects, overseeing completion of work, and monitoring performance of your team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them
- Develop and implement process improvements, and coordinate new model introductions
- Create and utilize reports to accurately represent product flow and task completion rates and percentages
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with vendor/customer/client representatives
- Monitor inventory of stock and ensure adequate levels are maintained
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed
- Ensure proper labor utilization and develop staffing requirements
- Conduct interviews for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
Responsibility for work of others
- Oversight of the inbound receiving of product phones and inventory as well as the outbound shipment of devices to customers for performance, quality and productivity while maintaining a safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years experience required in a logistics/distribution environment
- Minimum of 3 years in a leadership/supervisory role supervising up to 15+ associates
- Previously worked in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel as well as external personnel
- Able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of inventory and warehousing processing procedures
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office product line as well as other Windows software tools