Underwriting Manager - Commercial Insurance
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Capstone Search Group
About the Role
This Florida based Managing General Agency wants a leader who can balance personal underwriting responsibilities with supervisory duties. As Underwriting Manager - Commercial Insurance - Coastal Property, you will take on a newly created position overseeing the work of 7-8 desk underwriters and support associates. Your goals include training and staff development, workflow management, relationship building and department growth.
Skills & Experiences
Senior level underwriting experience + supervisory background that requires the following qualifications:
- Commercial property underwriting AND pricing experience with coastal risks
- Excess & Surplus Lines underwriting
- Use of pricing models for CAT exposure
- Strategies for developing junior and intermediate level underwriters towards an experience rated mindset
Management qualities are best described as:
- A working manager' role. A feeling of being on the floor, working right alongside your team and in the weeds with accounts, projects and clients.
- Experience with training and team development
Compensation & Perks
$95k-$110k target salary + annual bonus incentives