Big Data Support Developer
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AAA Automobile Club of Southern California
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast-paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
AAA is seeking a career-minded individual for our Big Data Support Developer in Costa Mesa, CA.
What we are looking for:
- Experience as a Sr Technical Developer or Data Engineer in UNIX/Linux and Cloudera/Hadoop environments
- Expert level experience working with relational databases, Hadoop distributions/implementations, MPP Systems
- Advanced level knowledge of SQL.Experience with Hadoop (HDFS, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc.) Working experience with Unix/Linux, as well as Python or a programming language
- Experience with Control-M, Tableau, and R.Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience.
- Experience managing job schedules, data visualization, unit and system testing
- Data Mining/Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence experience
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessment & Background check
Nice to have:
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
* Experience implementing production solutions with: SSIS, Scala or Java
What we use:
* Cloudera/Control-M/Hive/Impala/Java/Kafka/MS SQL/Oracle/Python/R/Scala/Spark/Sqoop/Tableau/Teradata/.
Who We Are/What We Do
The Club is more than roadside assistance. We are there for our members when they need a vacation, insurance, car buying assistance, maps and TourBook® guides, skilled auto repair and maintenance, highway safety tips and so much more. Our 106 year Legacy of service means hundreds of career opportunities for you.
- Over 16 million members
- More than 14,000 employees in 21 states
The Best for Now and the Future
As an Auto Club employee, you will be part of a world-class team. Hourly and Full time positions at the Auto Club in Southern California offer a variety of benefits and compensation. Depending on the position, employee benefits may include:
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental and vision benefits plans and life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Employee Development and Training
- Excellent advancement opportunities
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) eligibility and matching
- Pension plan
- Employee credit union
- Insurance premium reduction and travel discounts
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE