Lead Financial Analyst
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this position, you will assist in the delivery of annual operating plans ensuring alignment with long term plans, as well as help develop effective cost structures and chargeback models. You will play a key role in driving the technology global strategic vision through the effective use of cross organizational metrics, governance processes, & engagement with country IT leaders.
- Manages the development of accurate budgets and financial plans by effective planning, monitoring and troubleshooting. Interacts with management to explain the budget or financial planning process, identify factors impacting expenses or financial trends, highlight opportunities for improvement and create effective exhibits to explain the business plan.
- Develops complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, effectively communicating trends and outcomes.
- Drives the production of complex management reports and associated results analysis, using business acumen and analytical ability to lead the team in identifying business drivers of results and communicating them effectively.
- Trains others on financial systems and manages key interfaces and interdependencies. May make recommendations for enhancements to financial systems and associated processes, and participate in or lead their implementation.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identifying and implementing improvements. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own teams responsibilities.
- Cultivates an environment focused on development by assigning projects to build teammates strengths and sharing knowledge through training or reviewing their work.