Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Hosting Security Operations team is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer who will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the security posture of the Active Directory environment. This resource will provide support, implementation, and consulting services for Microsoft Active Directory and Window systems across the enterprise. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner with the Global Cyber Security team, which together are transforming and moving Legacy security services to the Cloud. This position offers the opportunity to explore and grow technical skills across a full stack of Active Directory product sets. The team is experiencing an agile transformation and is looking for someone who is willing to share ideas and collaborate to enrich this growing business.
About the job:
- Provides technical expertise and support to client, IT management and other infrastructure staff in risk assessments, implementation and operational aspects of appropriate information security procedures and products as related to Active Directory.
- Identifies regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures, and recommends appropriate changes. Maintains an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations and how they will affect the LMIG environment.
- Enable and support the Active Directory environment including Group Policies, Policy Key Infrastructure (PKI), Sites and Subnets, DNS.
- Highly complex and integrated multi forest Active Directory structure.
- Manage and support cross-forest trusts.
- Support upgrades and life-cycle management of AD-related software and tools.
- Improve AD processes and automate repetitive tasks wherever feasible.
- Fulfill day to day operational requests and resolve highly complex incidents related to Directory Services
- Adhere to Service Management Processes and Procedures (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by consulting with Applications and other services who utilize Active Directory. Provide recommendations on best practices for integration.
- Provide after hours and on-call support as part of a rotation
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps
- Responsible for the reporting of data security incidents and investigations as required.
- May participate in the monitoring of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Responsible for the identification and escalation of changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Participates in the evaluation, development and implementation of security standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environment (eg, company-wide, distributed, Client Server systems, and e-applications).
- Evaluate, test and select security tools, evaluation products and control products.
- Facilitates teamwork process and meetings and provides training to clients or teams as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 8+ years of solid work experience in Active Directory environment including Group Policies, Policy Key Infrastructure (PKI), Sites and Subnets, DNS.
- Requires highly developed communication, negotiation, presentation and consensus building skills.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of business objectives, strategies and operations to provide technical expertise and support to in-house developers and to apply appropriate information security procedures and products.
- Scripting Experience (PowerShell, VBScript)
- Candidates will work as part of an operational team responsible for the day to day administration of Active Directory, 24 x 7 on call support, and various project deliveries.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude with the ability to participate in-depth technology discussions, articulating the business value of Microsoft Platforms solutions.
- Candidates must have exceptional customer service, problem solving, and communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have sufficient technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level as well as convey technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Hackathon Events
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits -
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual -
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist -