Analyst, Private Equity, Liberty Mutual Investments
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Groups global financial assets across global and private domains, to create capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250+ investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA., Liberty Mutual Investments offers the best of both worlds; the look and feel of a boutique investment firm, and the reputation and financial strength of a Fortune 100 company.
Liberty Mutual Group is a diversified global financial services company headquartered in Boston, MA. Our company, which is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in the U. S., employs over 50,000 people in more than 900 offices around the world.
We are currently seeking a candidate for an Investment Analyst position in the Global Private Investments Division. This is a pre-MBA position where the individual will be exposed to the Private Equity Markets Group including primary fund investments, co-investments, and secondary transactions. In addition, the candidate will be assigned to projects within other private asset classes such as Energy, Natural Resources, and Real Estate. The individual hired will be centrally involved in fund screening, evaluating investment opportunities, due diligence, portfolio monitoring, and conducting industry studies. This position represents an opportunity to gain experience working in dynamic asset classes.
- Performing comprehensive analysis on investment opportunities including working extensively with Excel, modelling fund performance, and in evaluating overall performance by examining underlying portfolio investments
- Evaluating new opportunities by reviewing offering memoranda for new funds and participating in external manager meetings
- Managing and maintaining a CRM system to track managers in the market
- Monitoring investments and preparing portfolio progress reports
- Collaborating across asset classes and Liberty Mutual Investments
- The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidates overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading institution
- 1-3 years related work experience (experience within an investment environment and/or prior experience in the private equity industry are a plus)
- Strong Excel skills and solid base in accounting and finance
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal/presentation)
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and time-sensitive deliverables with a high degree of quality and accuracy
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.