Associate Quality Assurance Coordinator (Weekend Shift)
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
As a Quality Assurance Lead, you will inspect, test, and audit product processes following set procedures and exercising reasonable judgment. Attention to detail is essential and requires your effective performance of a variety of quality assurance and inspection operations.
- Perform Quality Assurance Lead operations (within procedural verbatim compliance) related to the test and inspection of electronic devices.
- Perform quality inspection operations following instructions and pre-established guidelines
- Creating work instruction for the Quality department, in collaboration with the documentation team and Quality Supervisor.
- Provide training to new and; or existence employees on 6S and work instruction.
- Participate in weekly department status update meeting with department supervisor.
- Provides SIPOC training Tracking weekly tasks and metrics.
- Provide ANSI/AQL results to external customer.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industryaccepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Entering relevant data and audit/inspection results in our computer database
- Provides process improvement feed back Work on multiple programs and in multiple QA functional areas
- Serve as a resource for questions to other co-workers when supervisor is unavailable
- Documenting relevant facts and information to support work performed
- Participating in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Maintain productive working relationships with all team members
- Performing other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated quality experience
- Cross training in two or more jobs areas (includes current) are required
- Ability to be a certified trainer in multiple areas
- Full understanding of work process and flow
- Ability to use a personal computer and enter data with basic software
- Ability to work independently
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Lead and mentor QA team members
- One year or greater of previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- One year of greater of Quality Assurance/Inspection experience
- Any verbatim written procedure compliance experience
- Familiar with basic electronic test equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel