Architect - Marketing, Direct & Digital
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- You have 10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and engineering complex, high-quality software.
- You have a track record of crafting massively scalable, always-on, multi-region systems.
- You have utilized one or more cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- You are well-versed in numerous messaging platforms, protocols, and techniques such as Kafka, ZeroMQ, MQTT, AMQP, gRPC, and event sourcing.
- You have proven expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, from Oracle and DB2 to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and Elasticsearch, and can explain their varied use cases.
- You have deep knowledge of how to secure complex systems and infrastructure against different attack vectors. You have led threat modelling exercises, and helped craft remediation plans.
- You've created systems spanning a variety of modern architectural paradigms such as RESTful APIs and event collaboration.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.