Office Nurse/RN Specialty
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
Provides assessments, plans and provides for patient care and accurate and thorough documentation in the medical record and practice setting. Works closely with the patient, significant others, healthcare professionals and ancillary staff to provide quality care in an efficient and safe manner consistent with the organization and SMGSMG outpatient provider office protocols. Directs and delegates to Office Nurses and Certified Medical Assistants. Assists SMGSMG Nursing Supervisors with coordination and implementation of standard nursing processes within practice and throughout the medical group.
- Consistently collects clinical information from other agencies, referring providers, hospital departments, etc. and proper documentation for provider in chart. Prepares reports for provider's review and stamps reports indicating date of receipt per protocol.
- Maintains exam rooms by cleaning and stocking them as needed. Monitor supplies and assist in ordering of supplies as necessary. Prepare instruments for sterilization.
- Constantly maintains a safe work environment by adhering to the policies and procedures of the department and organization, complying with all regulatory requirements, appropriately operating equipment, following established infection control guidelines and reporting safety hazards.
- Schedules patients for testing and procedures and follow up appointments as ordered by provider. Makes referrals to specialist and other providers per provider request and documents referral information in patient chart.
- Provides patient care as needed. Assisting with transferring pts, assessments, wound care and documenting care provided. Assisting doctor with procedures as needed.
- Accurately prepares, maintains and disassembles patient charts. Assists with copying any needed forms to be sent to medical records.
- Enters charges in HBOC and intergy correctly. Schedules patients working with central scheduling. Orders supplies for center as needed.
- Answers the telephone in a friendly manner, identifying self, title and department correctly. Takes and relays messages to the appropriate person
- Assists with chart audits and collecting information to track Wound Healing Center data and goals.
- Associate Degree or Diploma School Program.
- Illinois Nursing License.
- Directs, delegates, and has oversight of clinical staff within that office.
- At the Center for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, the Office Nurse - RN Specialty position is also responsible for activities which are specific to these specialties. Increasing community awareness of these services in addition to attending screenings and attending speaking engagements is part of this position.
- Physician Office experience.