Manager, Customer Operations
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
TheManager, Customer Operationsmanages and oversees administration of the preneed and final need product lines, achieves departmental goals and objectives and provides oversight for their assigned functional areas.The role of the Manager is to organize, lead, control, and coordinate the customer operations activities as they pertain to our clients, business partners, agents, operations and company strategic goalsincluding state compliance and administration of applicable activity.The Manager reports to the VP, Global Preneed Operations or their designated Director.
Oversees and manages assigned area of Customer Operations
Provides leadership to and manages the work activities of direct reports (directly) and other department employees (indirectly).Develops and maintains efficient work flow patterns, effectively outlining duties, responsibilities, suitable staffing levels, and systems to attain acceptable SLA levels.
Directs thepreparation of special reports and analyses for area(s) of responsibility ensuring they are complete, accurate, and on time.Monitors, resolves, and reports issues pertaining to compliance, customer service, and employees.
- Responds to and resolves issues that escalate beyond the supervisor and/or team lead level in a timely and positive manner.Investigates and reviews responses to complaints concerning their area of responsibility and its personnel; determines veracity of such and (as necessary) takes corrective or disciplinary action and/or prepares reply.
- Establishes, maintains and analyzes operational metrics.Analyzes data to identify trends and opportunities for operational changes or improvements to exceed customer expectations and decrease expenses.Insures operational practices are accurate, timely, cost effective, and efficient.
- In consultation with superior and subordinate supervisory personnel as appropriate, develops short- and long- term goals and plans for areas of responsibility.
- Partner with all customer service teams to optimize customer satisfaction in alignment with the customer experience principals.
- Focus on customer retention and the training and programs needed within the teams to maintain or increase retention.
- Ability to support new products, processes and systems within the customer service teams.
- Develops, secures approval of, and administers or delegates administrationof, an operating budget for attainment of agreed upon goals in accordance with approved plans.
- Formulates policy for areas of responsibility and secures appropriate approvals.Develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policy and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area services.Ensures policy consistency and compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Formulates department operational goals.Administers implementation of plans through departmental personnel.
Manages the development and implementation of our People Strategy
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and (when necessary) disciplines and discharges subordinates personnel or makes authoritative recommendations in such matter.
- In conjunction with training and QA leadership, develops function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel.Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates per such standards.Delegates these responsibilities to supervisory personnel as appropriate.
- Establishes standards for effective job performance and evaluates subordinates per such standards and creates opportunities for professional development of staff.Supports function-specific orientation and training programs for area personnel.
- Develops and continuously monitors personal performance management plans. Conducts regular staff meetings and individual meetings with direct reports.
Assists with business planning
- Develops short and long-term goals and plans with management and direct reports for area of responsibility.
- Determines appropriate capacity planning within the department to meet goals and company strategic plans.
- Develops and manages budget requirements to ensure financial responsibility for the department.
- Forecasts, develops and manages the budget of the department and communicates these results and the departments performance to management and employees as appropriate.
- Accomplishes business initiatives by gathering information and making recommendations for the Business Plan; preparing information for Monthly Progress and Quarterly Reviews; and preparing and completing Action Plans and assignments.
- Participates on committees and in programs for safety, fire prevention, disaster recovery and so forth.Ensures the development of specific plans for inclusion in these programs.
Develops and deploys customer experience and client relationship strategies for area of responsibility
- Serves as a liaison with other departments and corporate clients; establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop cooperation and effectively integrate services into the companys overall customer experience and technology strategies.
- Collaborates with management and other core business partners to ensure continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, quality and productivity.Researches, sponsors and implements process and/or quality improvement plans and internal system enhancements.
- Actively contributes to key corporate projects relating to preneed and final need to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Supports business initiatives through interaction with other business areas, participating in defining business requirements, implementing and managing change within teams, and continuing to enhance processes to create efficiencies.
Department Risk Assessment
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards as well as client requirements.
- Develops and secures approval of policies designed to meet service level agreements and regulatory requirements.
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of customer operations and customer contact and experience, by pursuing a program of self-development.Participates in professional organizations, interacts with peers and reviews pertinent literature.Participates in ICMI, and/or LOMA functions, which include conferences and designations.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in insurance or related business.
- Requires 3 years of progressively more complex management responsibilities