Team Manager II - US Services
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Under direction of the Managing Director, Service Center Manager, or Operations Manager, leads a unit in producing a product of superior quality for Crawford & Company clients while meeting established production objectives and service standards.Responsibilities
- Provides direction and supervision to adjusters and other staff.
- Assigns work ensuring balanced workload for employees in unit.
- Reviews all assignments seven days after creation or in accordance with service standards; continues to review CMS2 Diary at appropriate intervals.
- If applicable, reviews reserves at least every 30 days and revises as necessary.
- Reviews and corrects outgoing reports.
- Monitors production, reviews CMS2 billing dockets and monitors gains and losses on contract accounts.
- Recruits, hires and evaluates performance of personnel as authorized by Operations Manager or Service Center Manager.
- Trains and develops new employees.
- Completes file re-inspections and audits as requested
- Recommends candidates for cross-training and advanced training.
- Makes marketing and sales calls as necessary.
- Promotes a good public image of the Company.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of licensing and regulatory requirements of industry and ensure compliance of employees in unit.
- Encourages employees to pursue continuing education and monitors their completion of required courses; continues own personal development through continuing education and seminars.
- Maintain records such as sick leave, vacation, company car, expenses and budgets as necessary.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- High school diploma and at least two years college or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience as an Adjuster, Supervisor, Adjuster in Charge, Manager, or Team Manager. Previous supervisory experience desirable.
Must have or secure and maintain the appropriate license(s) as required by the state(s) at the adjuster/supervisory/management level. Must possess a valid drivers license. Must complete continuing education requirements as outlined by Crawford Educational Services. Additional courses may be required by jurisdiction for maintenance of license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage, supervise, and develop employees.
- Thorough knowledge of services being delivered by branch office.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages, practices and negotiating skills.
- Familiarity with legal, medical and technical disciplines.
- Computer skills.
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a Legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at .
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.