Animal Care Specialist- $15/hr
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Covance
Interested in Animal Care and Animal Husbandry? Covance's Animal Care Specialist (Animal Technician) job in Madison, WI will not only look after your immediate needs but also help you achieve your career goals.
Are you looking for an entry-level job that provides a starting hourly rate of $15.00 AND offers full medical/dental/vision benefits? Are you looking for a position that does not require previous directly related experience?
We want you to succeed so we will provide you with excellent on-the-job training and mentoring. We also want you to take time off for yourself, so Covance offers 24 days of paid-time-off (PTO) annually (pro-rated depending on start date).Here are some of the job responsibilities:
- Provide general animal facility maintenance and cleanliness to animals.
- Set up animal housing
- Maintaining and monitoring animal laboratory facilities
- Animal Care Specialists/Animal technicians work on a rotating shift
- First shift, Full time hours, but the days you work change and include weekends and some holidays
- This job will keep you active! You can expect to be on your feet walking approx. 5 miles/day
- The job will require you to lift up to 50 pounds
- Our employee's health and safety is important to us, mandatory immunizations and screenings are required
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your exceptional potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of extraordinary people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow's drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients-and your career.Education/Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- No experience required.
- Prior experience working in a cleaning role or working with animals is helpful, but not required