Claims Excellence Specialist - Quality Assurance (QA)
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by United Fire Group
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While weve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the Des Moines Register for four consecutive years, and included on Forbes Americas Most Trustworthy Financial Companies every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
The claims excellence specialist conducts claims quality evaluations at various levels (the departmental, regional, team, individual). This role will measure, analyze and report on claim handling quality to ensure claims excellence is achieved and best in class service is being provided to our customers. Collaborates with training and automation specialists to proactively identify areas for development or improved processes to support internal customers and drive performance. Provides feedback to appropriate personnel and makes recommendations on areas of opportunity, areas of strength as well as overall claims handling quality.
- Review open and/or closed claim files to ensure that claims are valid and accurate.
- Report to management results and recommend changes in file handling, operations and financial activities, review IBI, Tableau and other tools.
- Collect and analyze data to identify areas of opportunity duplicated efforts, extravagance, fraud, non-compliance with laws, regulations, Claims Best Practices and management policies
- Interact with claims management, supervisors, training and adjusters on areas/items that are identified as improvement opportunities.
- Actively participate in meetings and be prepared to review and provide feedback on items identified that may need additional focus
- Assist Training in the development of materials that may be beneficial to the claims staff when/if areas of opportunity are present
- Regularly review current systems to ensure overall Best Practice needs are being met.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- One or more of the following designations preferred. If no designations, must complete within three years of hire: AIC, SCLA, WCLA, CCLA, PCLA
- 5+ years of property & casualty claims experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of claims handling best practices.
- Working knowledge of workers compensation claims.
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate findings
- Proficient in the use and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team to achieve business results.
- Team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to proactively self-manage
- Ability to travel up to 25%, including overnight travel.