Product Development Analyst III
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
The Product Development Analyst III will support the companys growth with a focus on identifying innovative initiatives and evaluating new products and services within the product pipeline. The Analyst will be responsible for conducting market analysis, identifying consumer trends, ideating product opportunities, and researching competition as part of a full-scale analysis to create and present business cases for specific proposals.
In addition to evaluating new opportunities, the Analyst will support the development and implementation of new products and services in the pilot and rollout phases. Responsibilities include supporting the project lead on management of the product lifecycle, developing a go to market strategy, gathering product and customer requirements, leading teams to implement and introduce successful products and services as well as reporting and analyzing the results. The analyst will interact with multiple areas throughout the company, as well as with vendors, clients, and prospects.
The New Product Development Analyst III position requires high energy, a positive attitude and a team player mentality in all aspects. Strong communication skills, project management, research, organizational and analytical problem-solving skills are essential.
Analyze the New Product opportunities and provide a detailed report on the potential of the pipeline including, market size, key trends, identifying customer targets, competitive forces, and financial forecasts.
Support the development of new products including establishing the new product or services, marketing strategy and analysis, integration and set up of operational center including the training of key operational team members, developing and tracking progress reports, and conducting market research to strengthen the efficacy of the product.
Create, maintain and update database of primary and secondary competitors as well as research potential new product opportunities from competitive portfolios.
Innovation and Ideation
Support the ideation process by working with the team on market research and analysis, product idea brainstorm sessions, industry research, and working to create an innovative culture across the organization.
Special projects that help strengthen the core business.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- 1-2 Years of relevant experience.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience with market analysis, the stage-gate product development process and ability to work with multi-functional teams including marketing, customer service, operations, and IT to introduce new products and services to market.
- Ability to conduct industry research and evaluation as well as strategic analysis and reporting of test results and key trends.
- Support the development of business cases for new Products and Services including financial projections, marketing forecasts, and operational delivery.
- Familiarity with direct marketing processes and techniques and a solution oriented mindset when dealing with problem solving.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong experience with data modeling with Microsoft Excel or other analytical tools