Web Content QA Specialist
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Brighthouse Financial
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security.
As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what theyve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, were fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, were better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. Were seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
We are seeking a Web Content QA Specialist to join our Web Operations team at Brighthouse Financial in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented, have thorough follow-through, and possess a sense of urgency. Web Content QA Specialists are responsible for maintaining quality of work standards, building value and keeping up with evolving SEM, SEO, and Marketing Automation practices and team procedures.
As the Web Content QA Specialist, youll be responsible for the quality of content and designs on websites, ensuring all deliverables are being completed within industry and department-wide standards of quality and accuracy. Collaborating with Project Managers, Content Authors and Developers, youll be analysing our websites to identify errors, suggest user experience improvements, and troubleshoot with development to correct bugs. You will support our UX and SEO initiatives through content and technical audits focusing on content and design consistency, sitemap mapping and monitoring, indexation, page properties, redirect mapping/canonical errors, etc.
- Perform QA/QC of website content to identify spelling and grammar errors, broken links, image formatting, tracking/analytics implementation, redirects, etc.
- Provide unified content and consistent branding throughout all elements.
- Utilize browser testing tools to check for cross-browser and responsiveness issues of client websites.
- Ensure implementation of SEO/SEM best practices; content structure, internal linking, title and meta descriptions.
- Liaise with internal teams (eg Developers and UI/UX Designers) to identify system framework improvements.
- Utilize best practices and new developments in the field of web design, website optimization, and SEO/SEM.
- Perform post-launch site scans SEO, HTTPS, and other general issues
- Perform a post-launch QA/QC of website tracking/analytics implementation, and redirects
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelors degree (web design, communications, or marketing preferred); or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5+ years experience in digital analytics strategy and execution
- Proven work experience in editing or website QA/QC
- Knowledge of best practices for web design and technologies
- Experience administering content in a CMS software (Adobe AEM preferred)
- Intermediate design and coding skills using HTML and CSS
- Excellent technical, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities, follow through, and work under tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, logical, innovative, enjoys a good puzzle, and sweats the details; someone who strives for better
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate in a team environment, including the ability to positively give, receive, and embrace feedback