Construction Defect - Senior Claims Adjuster
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Commercial Claims Adjuster III Construction Defect. This position can be within the US. The Commercial Claims Adjuster III Construction Defect is expected to demonstrate a solid knowledge of claims handling principles and practices for commercial general liability claims. The position requires a strong knowledge of casualty claims handling to include, coverage, liability investigations, damage assessment, negotiation skills and litigation management. Previous experience in construction defect claims and multi state jurisdictions is needed. Independent judgment is required in determining when to consult claims management when confronted with non-routine situations or problems.Responsibilities
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating persistence along with problem solving and decision making skills to work with customers through a variety of challenging situations.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good knowledge of claim procedures, policies, technology, state and federal laws and insurance regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work in a short period of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Time management skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize issues and tasks.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment and applications
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in work experience
- 5+ years of claims handling experience
- Good knowledge of insurance theory and practices; insurance contracts and their application.
- Litigation Experience
- Excellent negotiation skills
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans