NOC Analyst - 3rd Shift
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AAA Automobile Club of Southern California
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 14,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 16 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Automobile Club of Southern California is looking for a NOC Analyst who can effectively monitor, manage and restore service delivery of networks( data and voice), servers, mainframes, UNIX systems, e-commerce, email, online applications and computer services across our enterprise.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of changes into the production environment.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve computer related problems and provide smart hands assistance when required.
- Provide technical knowledge and direction to subordinates, coordinate internal and external escalation of issues.
- Provide management reporting of daily activities.
- Perform problem resolution procedures on integrated information platforms such as, Windows 200x servers, Unix and associated storage systems, including system software troubleshooting and computing system utilities.
- Excellent Level 2 knowledge of service restoration for Windows 201x, Linux/UNIX operating systems in a highly virtualized environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Z/OS (MVS) operating systems, JES2 subsystem in a multi-platform data centers, desirable. Senior knowledge of automation, automated balancing, output management, change management. Understanding of data center best practices in areas of operational procedures, operational process, enterprise problem and change management.
- Has a clear understanding of communication protocols such as TCP/IP, NETBIOS and SNA.
- Based on provided procedures, is able to IPL, IML or boot multiple server platforms.
- Candidate must be customer service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to train, mentor or provide technical and career guidance to other staff members. Business degree in computer science, computer operations, or data processing desired.
- 5-10 years' experience in integrated systems support and/or job recovery functions acceptable. Experience providing leadership within a Network Operations Center desired.
- Microsoft or other applicable certifications required or actively attending courses towards certifications are considered.
* Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
* Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
* Life Insurance
* Disability Coverage
* 401k Savings Plan
* Employee Discounts
* Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
'Creating members for life by exceeding our members' expectations through valuable products and legendary service.'
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE