Product Owner I/II Document Solutions
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
The Document Solutions organization is responsible for building the tools and solutions used for creating, processing, delivering, and storing the millions of electronic and paper documents for various products within GRM. This includes the apps and services that generate, store, and distribute paper and electronic documents for finance, claims, and policy documents that go to our customers.
About the Role:
As a platform Product Owner in the Document Management team, you will define & prioritize the product backlog, set quality standards for delivery, & represent the customer to the Agile team. Specifically, this role will focus on the modernization of our Document Management platform for GRM. The squad is deep into the effort of delivering our new cloud native platform and features that will support the migration of over a billion documents that are essential to clients across GRM, while providing next generation capabilities to meet the needs of our customers.
You will be responsible for articulating & translating the overall strategy and tactics to drive outcomes and key KPIs tied to strategic business objectives.
On a given day you might be discussing KPIs with business leaders, managing technical tradeoffs with your squad, & incorporating the latest feedback from our customers & channel partners. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable formulating strategy & achieving operational excellence.
- Communicating the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Managing features or products with a medium to high degree of KPI, scope, & complexity.
- Support defining minimum viable product (MVP) & analysing feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, & other aspects of planned or potential programs to prioritize in a manner that maximizes outcomes.
- Developing test plans, user story acceptance criteria, & participating in team demos and retrospectives
- Engaging the team & gaining alignment regarding product strategy & business outcome with focus on continuous improvement for your area.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies & IT project management.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field (business, computer science, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in business, engineering, technology, and/or consulting.
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues & designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on the business vision, plan, & and impact of change.
- Ability to make quick & challenging decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to lead the team to push the solution & progress.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Masters degree preferred.