Application Systems Architect (ASP.NET & Azure)
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
You will be working with our clients, business partners, others architects, developers, management and other IT groups to understand and design technical solutions. You will be ultimately responsible for setting the technical direction for a given application and provide technical architectural support, guidance, governance, planning, implementation and support for complex Enterprise Applications used across many sites globally. You will also provide technical leadership to the organization helping with infrastructure design, integrate applications with existing environments, ongoing performance optimization and process improvement for the assigned application.
High level of responsibilities breakdown looks like:
- Operational Support of Applications (10%)
- Strategic Support of Enterprise Applications (30%)
- Application Design and Review (40%)
- Providing technical insight and direction on project initiatives from a hardware/software perspective. (20%)
Areas of Expertise
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies, Azure IaaS/PaaS/IPaaS
- Deep knowledge of .NET architecture, DRY/SOLID Principles
- Working experience of Microsoft Azure cloud application design patterns
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Proven Application migration from Legacy mode to IaaS, PaaS offerings
- Experience with Microservices design and development
- Deep knowledge of Azure IaaS/PaaS/IPaaS, specifically
- Working experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC and WebApi, ASP.NET Core, MVC/MVVM-based Single Page Application (SPA) paradigm
- Working experience with database technology including Oracle 12c and SQL server 2014 and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
- Deep knowledge of SOAP and Restful APIs, Asp.NET WebApi and WCF
- Deep knowledge of Web-based security models
- Deep knowledge of Dependency Injection
- Deep knowledge of logging mechanisms, including Application Insights
- Experience in Agile Scrum teams
- Experience in educating and influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
- Experience in application architecture, design, and development
- Experience in web applications, infrastructure, and networking
- Deep understanding of the SDLC
- Ability to lead others in project delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and tasks while remaining responsive to immediate problems
- Comfort in communicating with leadership on major issues
- Excellent written communication skills
- Completion of Bachelors degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc. and/or 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Application-specific certifications generally considered a plus in the applications areas of focused for the technical lead. If certifications are not in place initially it is expected the lead will pursue and obtain these.
- Experience administrating geographically dispersed systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in technology services related work.
- Minimum of 4 years of related hardware/software and system technologies.
- Multi-lingual is a plus