Customer Support Developer
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Under general supervision, provides technical support to the TelePlus business unit. Researches and defines user requirements to support account customizations required during the intake process and for complex projects to enhance functionality within the TelePlus applications.
Initial orientation and training will take place in our Lake Zurich office for the first few months. Strong candidates may then have the option of reporting to work in our Chicago office (if desired).Responsibilities
- Manages the day to day enhancements required to support the client intake experience. Works directly with business unit to understand requirement concept, objectives and approach.
- Implements customizations in accordance with standard release schedules.
- Ensures that all programming is completed following standard business practices.
- Monitors overall success of testing all program changes, including results verification and release sign-off.
- Conducts project meetings.
- Assists business unit in developing tactical and strategic project, services and/or programs to support the business units goals.
- Works closely with business unit to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service or processes.
- Escalates problems beyond level of expertise to manager, more experienced technical staff or vendor representatives.
- Fosters the development of technical knowledge and performance skills of other applications project teams, technical specialists and
- Reviews, analyzes and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions and steps required to modify computer programs.
- Manages security in the claim intake applications.
- Complies with and supports all corporate, department and unit policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Requires a bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or another business administration or related discipline.
- Recent graduates welcome to apply!
- 1-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Spoken/Written Communication
- Analytical/Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Customer Service Orientation
- Time Management/Organization
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system:
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.