Bill Review Analyst
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by CorVel Corporation
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for auditing medical bills to ensure that they are appropriate and adhere to the State Fee Schedules, customer guidelines and PPO discounts.
- Position requires knowledge of the Fee Schedule and the operation of the computer terminal
- May consult reference materials in the auditing process
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Based upon situation or state specific issues, productivity and accuracy are monitored.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, workers compensation billing guidelines and fee schedules
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD/HCPS coding
- Knowledge of UBO4/DWC-9/DWC-10 and CMS 1500 form types preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Able to identify problems and find creative, effective solutions.
- Able to balance multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational abilities as well as time management skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of data entry experience
- Must have experience with Medicare billing, Workers' Comp billing, Certified Professional Code credentials and medical bill review preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this application or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses