Membership Services Representatives
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by YMCA of Central Florida
Position: Member Services Representatives
Status: part time and Full-time Openings
Location: Roper YMCA Family Center, Winter Garden, FL
Our Roper Y in West Orange County is seeking a talented, energetic and customer service focused individual to join our front-line membership team. This individual must be able to promote a personalized health and wellness experience for our members and engage prospective members.
The incumbent is responsible for communicating with staff, members, volunteers and visitors in a highly professional and welcoming manner. This individual will have a critical role regarding the member experience and retention of members, answering the telephone and answering membership related questions; with a key focus on connecting members with Y wellness programs and staff. This individual may also lead tours to perspective members. S/he will ultimately support the retention of our existing members, and growth of new members within the Family Center. Prior call-center experience is a plus! S/he should also have flexible availability to work during peak-hours of business; including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and some holidays as needed.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building.
- Member call center duties
- Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership.
- Assist members and customers courteously.
- Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into Oracle, print receipts, and give receipts to members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Assist Membership Director and perform miscellaneous tasks as directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Excellent communicators (over the telephone and in person)
- Extremely goal and sales oriented
- Self-directed but also can work within a team or group environment
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet research, social media savvy
- Proficient in using online appointment tracking systems and membership database systems
- General knowledge of the YMCA's programs, services and community-impact
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years of Sales (telecommunications, call-center, fitness or retail industry) a plus.
- One year of customer service experience required.
- One year retail or sales experience required.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Quality Healthcare and Generous PTO benefits (Full-time)
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years or after meeting eligibility requirements.
- YMCA membership for employee, and discounted rate for household.
- Career enrichment and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.