Manager, Industry Consulting - Middle Market
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
We are eager to find a leader who will manages a team of expert industry and/or line of business consultants who will engage with and influence risk selection decision makers in the business segment field operations! You will serve as a leading technical expert on all aspects of an assigned set of industries by line, coverage, exposure, book profile, profitability, legal/regulatory environment, competitive environment, emerging risks and trends. Collaborates with Industry Practices, Product Management, Line of Business Strategy, Field Underwriting Segments, Distribution, Risk Control Services, Underwriting Excellence, Analytics, Pricing, and/or other partners in order to build expertise, execute industry and line of business strategies, and create focus/accountability. Ensures team supports both underwriting and risk control resources with depth of industry expertise for valuable and consistent assessment of risk quality. Intrigued?
- Handle staff of expert consultants who execute industry and line strategies, drive expertise, and create focus/accountability for an assigned subset of the Middle Market portfolio through account-level and/or topic-oriented transactional engagements with the business segments and associated project work. Administer and monitor underwriting guidelines, analyze results and develop action plans to improve execution and results.
- Attract, select, develop and run staff to be respected and responsive problem solvers committed to growing and protecting company assets.
- Proactively engage in feedback loops and collaboration across home office and field resources to both inform and be informed of the development, continuous improvement, and adaptation of strategy, guidelines, protocol, and product offering, and ensure staff drives implementation, reinforcement, and follow through via transactional touch points with underwriters and others
- Influences growth and profitability by passionately driving the organization to a common and consistent view of account and portfolio quality across assigned industries and/or LOBs through review and compilation of transactional risk assessment, consultation, and referral feedback and examples, elevation and broad communication of what is and isnt working to achieve top and bottom line results in those industries, and refinement of risk quality standards.
- Drive deeper, broader field expertise of generalist and specialist underwriters, and transfer industry and/or line of business knowledge into field underwriting operations (and agents/brokers) through consultative and referral protocols and engagements, and risk quality standards and assessments.
- Develop, implement, monitor and act on metrics based approach to business results, including quality and volume of consultations, referrals, and risk assessments, recommending solutions throughout the process and measurement of progress.
- Work with partnering teams to monitor and interpret book of business results, identify leakage and training opportunities, and build expertise across the organization.
- Serve as content authority and facilitator for quality assurance and training, and demonstrate Liberty Mutual s leading expertise in the marketplace through research, published content, and/or broker/client engagement, as appropriate or required
- Consults with Claims and/or Legal experts on high exposure or complex claims
- High degree of technical proficiency in all aspects of coverage, pricing, structure, rating, rating plans, loss forecasting, credit risk, market knowledge.
- Operations management and leadership skills; ability to build capabilities and build the team.
- Ability to balance multiple and sometimes conflicting goals, solve problems, and influence others.
- Highly developed written, verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at multiple levels.
- Bachelor degree required with advanced degree and/or Insurance designation preferred.
- Must be relationship and service driven.
- Must be a skilled collaborator, who is willing to assess all sides of an issue, bring in others with expertise, and have the ability to advance the collaboration model.
- Operate in a team environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Advanced levels of negotiation skills and influencing others and critical thinking skills.
- Experience working with brokers/agents and current with market trends and developments.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience coaching or training other field employees who are indirect reports directly
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.