Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Hallmark Financial Services, Inc
Hallmark Financial Services, Inc. is a diversified specialty property/casualty insurer with offices in Dallas-Fort Worth, San Antonio, Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta. Hallmark markets, underwrites and services approximately half a billion dollars annually in commercial and personal insurance premiums in select markets. Hallmark is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas and its common stock is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol "HALL."
As Hallmark continues to grow, we strive to find talented, innovative and creative professionals to join our team. We offer very competitive compensation and benefit packages combined with a team atmosphere that encourages independent initiative and professional growth.
Hallmark is looking for Analysts to join our Product Management team. Product Analysts partner with Product Managers to create business strategy and pricing plans that contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the company. They are numbers-driven problem solvers that analyze data to create solutions.
- Provide analytical support for the rate revision process.
- Gain knowledge of the product offerings, internal systems and workflows.
- Produce performance analysis, ad hoc analysis, and other deliverables as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing reporting metrics on a timely basis.
- Evaluate, review, and discuss drivers of profitability and make recommendations.
- Work with internal departments to develop and produce deliverables as needed.
- Market awareness, including competitive analysis gained from analyzing internal and third party data.
- Work with Product manager to identify trends and plans of action that support the business strategy.
- Submit filings for review and approval by regulatory agencies.
- Investigate and research business processes and workflows as necessary to provide recommended resolutions and/or improvements.
- Effectively communicate and work with various individuals; internal, third party, and regulatory.
- Strong analytical and quantitative background: this is usually acquired through an undergraduate or advanced degree with an analytical emphasis (math, engineering, statistics, finance, or similar) or 2-3 years of similar analytical work for a financial institution, consultancy, or insurance company.
- Be able to produce detailed and often complex analysis that delivers clear, concise results from large data sets.
- Knowledge of non-standard auto insurance products is a plus.
- Proficiency with SQL is highly preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Excel.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in developing ad-hoc queries that draws on analytical proficiency and product knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of R (or similar) is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time