P&C Product Manager
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Assurant
- Translates business ideas and market opportunities or trends into new product ideas. Leads the efforts to analyze the financial potential of new product ideas, along with developing and presenting the corresponding business plans and justification for new business opportunities.
- Ensures integrity of existing products by servicing as lead/team member on channel-driven product enhancement projects.
- Uses solid understanding of risk management measures, trends, and risk reductiontools and application to monitor portfolioexposure.
- Helps ensure implementation/testing of product changes through training and selling of new product ideas to sales force and client contact teams. Attends client presentations and training as the product expert when necessary.
- Solid understanding of insurance coverages and pricing options. Understands impact of regulations and importance compliance.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of business (underwriting, regulatory/legal, marketing, finance/pricing, operations, technology, etc.).
- 3-5 years of related experience in the product management function or similar activity.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the insurance industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter designation.