Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Under direction, this position reviews financial documents and credit history information to evaluate the financial stability of applicants and existing contractor members. This position handles moderate to complex applications and existing member applications with limited guidance or direction. This position requires solid analytical skill, strong attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills; ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels; ability to quickly adapt, learn and apply new skills. The credit analyst will demonstrate an aptitude and work ethic that is well suited for a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.Responsibilities
- Primarily assigned to moderate to complex applications and ongoing application maintenance.
- Evaluates applicants and network members credit information from credit reporting companies and makes recommendations regarding action or change in network members status
- Determines factors of strength/weakness in financial statements provided by applicants and network members
- Designates degree of risk involved in extending network membership by performing overall review of credit and financial stability of businesses
- Ensures all approved applications comply with pre-qualification criteria
- Assists with internal audits
- Strives to enhance the processes used to analyze credit and financial information
- Enters, updates and retrieves credit and/or financial information for network applications
- Initiates communication and responds to inquiries from network members, both verbally and written
- Fields questions from Membership Services financials coordinators and application/credentialing coordinators
- Assists in training and development of financials and application/credentialing coordinators
- Prepares reports for management review
- Attends industry functions; upholds professional image of corporation
- Participates in special projects as requested
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two years previous experience in credit and financials review & analysis, along with assessing risk and providing recommendations based on those reviews.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of financial and credit reporting
- Solid skills in the area of financial reporting and review of financial reports
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, to include advanced knowledge of Excel
- Motivated to succeed
- Ability to adapt to a variety of people
- Winning attitude and dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Strong work ethic
- Demonstrates appropriate urgency
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail and organizational skill
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems
- Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a Legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at .
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.