Director CAT Operations - Inside.Future Opening*
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Crawford & Company
Crawford CATastrophe Services is constantly searching for qualified catastrophe candidates to provide expertise in the wake of natural or man-made disasters. If you would like to be considered for future career opportunities, apply today!
Under the direction of VP- Catastrophe Services, directs the overall catastrophe claims process for an assigned group or location; ensures maximum profits by managing service delivery and controlling expenses; provides training and technical expertise to CAT adjusters; manages account receivable. Assists with Budgets & Planning; Operational Efficiency; Client Satisfaction; Product EnhancementResponsibilities
- Maintains appropriate catastrophe adjuster roster staffing levels through directing the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process.
- Provides orientation and training for new CAT adjusters.
- Oversees the deployment of adjusters in catastrophe situations.
- Ensures that deployed personnel are in compliance with local, state and federal licensing requirements.
- Ensures that deployed adjusters meet client standards and certification requirements.
- Manages and controls expenses to improve profit margins.
- Provides technical expertise to CAT adjusters.
- Audits claims for quality assurance; follows up to ensure that problems have been rectified.
- Monitors Accounts Receivable and the billing process to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Directs efforts to minimize aged accounts receivable.
- Serves as a liaison between Home Office and Client Management and field adjusters.
- Designs and schedules training and certification classes for CAT adjusters.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects as requested.
- Requires a bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires travel and overnight stays which may be for extended periods of time during a catastrophe event
- Previous in-depth property claim handling experience plus experience in a claims supervisory or branch manager role.
- Good verbal and written communication ability.
- Good computer skills and expertise in use of property claims handling software.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverages, insurance terminology and practices and the claims handling process.
People taking care of people. Its that simple. At Crawford & Company, we treat our clients policyholders like our own, helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at all points of the claims management process. Combining a Legacy of nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at .
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.