Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. is seeking a full time experienced Litigation Paralegal for its growing in-house Staff Counsel office in Irvine, California. This position will support a team of attorneys litigating personal injury and property damages cases.Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing and responding to discovery, review and summarizing of medical records, review and summarizing of deposition transcripts, assist with drafting of motions and pleadings. Trial preparation including: trial exhibits, charts, trial notebook, jury instructions, verdict forms, trial subpoenas, etc. The candidate should be able to work under pressure, remain flexible, be proactive, resourceful and efficient. This person must also have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment. High attention to detail and follow-through a must. Requires strong organizational and communication skills. Must be highly proficient in computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite. Candidates must have five plus years of experience working on California cases in the civil litigation practice, preferably with significant personal injury defense experience.Qualifications
- Paralegal certification and/or degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of Litigation Paralegal experience
- Exceptional litigation skills and excellent working knowledge of legal documents
- Working knowledge and experience complying with California rules and laws applicable to the civil litigation practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively with attorneys, staff and clients
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.