Software Engineer Manager - Mobile
Posted on Aug 11, 2019 by Liberty Mutual Insurance
Software Engineering Manager - Mobile, Direct Service & Claims
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Mobile, to develop teams of mobile and full-stack engineers for the Direct Service & Claims portfolio in our Digital organization. Our group strives to build engaging digital services and capabilities for our U.S. platform users. Your teams build features such as online bill pay, accident assistance, and filing claims. In this role, you'll also collaborate closely with other platform and feature teams based in Boston, NH Seacoast, Seattle, Indianapolis, and Belfast, Ireland.
You are responsible to the people on your team: supporting the growth of engineers, removing obstacles, doing valuable work and providing for the Best Place To Work
You are accountable for the delivery of quality software that brings value to Liberty Mutual and our platform users. You ensure that your squads make performant and scalable technology choices. As a leader in this consumer-centric part of the organization, you keep the focus on providing customer value by urging and supporting a development process based on A/B testing, fast iteration, analytics, and user research.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for a company that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives", every day.
What youll do:
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Work closely with teams, product owners, agile coaches, and other partners to ensure we rapidly deliver exceptional products
- Help drive innovation in teams
- Grow the technical expertise of your teams
- Help with establishing and advocating the best quality engineering practices across the organization
Who you are:
- You are passionate about mobile experiences and what mobile can do for our users
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are a leader, a coach, and a mentor for software development teams
- You can foster a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about current frameworks, emerging technology, and industry trends
- You want to make an impact
Some other bits:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 5-7 years of experience building mobile and distributed system applications
- You have experience with modern programming concepts including microservices, containerization, service monitoring, serverless, event-driven programming, CQRS pattern, and DevOps via CI/CD and automation
- You may have experience leading development teams through platform tech-debt and API modernization efforts
Benefits & Culture:
At Liberty Mutual's Boston Tech Hub we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In our Digital organization, we are an Agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities; we are headquartered at our new WeWork space on Boylston Street in Back Bay.